I love to use honey to sweeten desserts, but it’s also delicious in savory dishes – like this slow cooked pork tenderloin. Honey, apples, onion and spices add rich flavor and the meat is extra tender thanks to the slow cooker.
- Category: Entree
- 4 to 5 pound pork tenderloin
- 4 to 5 granny smith apples, sliced one apple per pound of pork
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup honey, divided
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Line the bottom of the slow cooker with three-quarters of the apple slices. Drizzle one half cup of the honey over the apples. Sprinkle one tablespoon of cinnamon over the apples and honey.
- Slit 3/4-inch deep cuts along the top of the pork tenderloin and stuff with the remaining apple slices – about 3 slices per cut. Place the pork on top of the apples in the slow cooker.
- Add the onions and any remaining apples slices. Dust with nutmeg, ginger and one tablespoon cinnamon. Add one half cup honey. Cover the slow cooker with its lid and cook the pork tenderloin on low for eight hours.