Join us for this special lunch & learn tour where I will introduce you to the latest cult status objet d’art on the scene this spring – the tulipiere. It’s one of my favorite ways to display flowers, and it works like magic. ***We will have tulipieres for sale in the P. Allen Smith Gift Shop.***
- GATES OPEN & CHECK-IN
- You will not receive a digital or printed ticket as they are not needed for entry. Your name will be on a list at the registration area located near the restrooms and gift shop adjacent to the parking area. Enjoy refreshments under the tent until tour begins.
- 10:00 - 12:00
- GUIDED TOUR OF HOME & GARDENS
- A guided tour through P. Allen Smith’s three-story Greek Revival-style home. Guests will learn about P. Allen Smith’s authentic design approach that pays homage to the history of the farm. Explore Arkansas’ beautiful countryside overlooking the Arkansas River while touring Allen’s Terrace Garden, the Hidden Rose Garden, Hydrangea Allée, and his one-acre Vegetable Garden.
- 12:00 - 1:00
- LUNCH IN GRANGE HALL
- Connect to the land as you sit down to a farm-to-table lunch featuring a Seasonal recipe from P. Allen Smith’s book, Seasonal Recipes from the Garden. For dessert, enjoy a slice of Allen’s famous buttermilk pecan pie with homemade whipped cream.
- 1:00 - 2:00
- GUIDED TOUR OF POULTRYVILLE
- Last but certainly not least, a visit to Poultryville to meet the chickens and other animals. Learn about Allen’s effort to conserve America’s early poultry breeds and why he started the Heritage Poultry Conservancy. While you are there, say hi to your favorite farm animals from Allen’s television show—Trudy, Moose, Smudge & Squeak, just to name a few.
frequently asked questions
General Tour Information
Canceling/rescheduling a tour
Group Tour Questions
Under Arkansas law, an agritourism activity operator is not liable for the injury or death of a participant in an agritourism activity resulting from the inherent risk of animals, weather, land conditions, and the potential for you as a participant to act in a negligent way that may contribute to your own injury or death. You are assuming the risk of participating in the agritourism activity.