Skip to content
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cups cornbread crumbled
- 1 cup cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups cooked chopped mustard greens
- 8 buttered Pyrex custard cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large saute pan melt butter, add onion, celery, bell pepper and cook until soft.
- Add garlic, sage, basil, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Cook for one minute more.
- Remove from heat and pour into large mixing bowl. Add crumbled cornbread and stir. Add cream.
- In a small bowl beat eggs well before adding to cornbread mixture. Combine well.
- Fill buttered Pyrex custard cups half full with corn pudding mixture.
- Add two tablespoons of cooked chopped mustard greens to each cup.
- Top with more corn pudding but do not fill cup completely.
- Set custard cups in a baking dish filled with 1/2 inch of water. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes. Custard should be firm to the touch in the center of each cup.
- Turn out from cups for individual servings. These may be made ahead and re-heated.