Skip to content
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 bundle fresh spinach
- dried cranberries
- honey glazed pecans, available at most groccery stores or you can make your own with 1/2 cup of nuts, 2 tsp. of honey and a dash of salt
- goat cheese
- Begin by thoroughly washing and drying the spinach.
- Tear the spinach into bite size pieces and place in a salad bowl.
- Next make the honey glazed pecans. Mix half a cup of pecan pieces with about 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Spread the pecans on a foil lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow the pecans to cool.
- In a small bowl combine the citrus juices, vinegar, cumin, salt and zest.
- Whisk these ingredients continuously while slowly adding the olive oil. You will end up with about 1/3 cup of vinaigrette.
- Add the vinaigrette to the salad and toss until the spinach is well coated.
- Top each serving with dried cranberries, honey glazed pecans and crumbled goat cheese.