Radishes are some of the easiest spring vegetables you can grow. The seeds will germinate in 4 to 5 days and within a few weeks the radishes are ready to harvest. These simple sandwiches capitalize on the spicy flavor and crisp texture of radishes.
- Category: Appetizer
- 12 small radishes
- 4 slices of good bread (I think the spicy flavor of radishes goes particularly well with a dark bread)
- 1/4 cup unsalted real butter, room temperature
- sea salt, to taste
- Clean the radishes and remove the greens.
- To crisp them up, place the whole radishes in a bowl of ice water and chill in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Slice the radishes paper thin.
- Spread the butter on one side of the bread.
- Top with sliced radishes, sprinkle with salt and enjoy!