Here’s some interesting trivia about rosemary to share at your next dinner party – the scent of rosemary is supposed to help stimulate the brain and improve memory. This grilled rosemary chicken is a tasty way to test the theory.
It’s what I like to refer to as a half-way homemade dish. Store bought Italian dressing and mango chutney up the flavor factor without any additional preparation.
- Category: Entree
- 6 boneless, skinless breasts of chicken
- 2 cups store bought Italian dressing
- 6 slices of bacon
- 6 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 6 ounces jar mango chutney
- Wash the chicken breasts, pat dry and place in a glass bowl with the 2 cups Italian dressing.
- Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator in the Italian dressing for six hours.
- After marinating, remove the chicken breasts and set aside the marinade for basting.
- Prepare the chicken for the grill by placing a sprig of fresh rosemary on each chicken breast and wrapping one strip of bacon around the chicken and rosemary, pinning it with a toothpick.
- Place the chicken breasts on the grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, or until no longer pink.
- The internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
- After grilling, place the chicken breasts in a pan, pour the mango chutney on top.
- Serve immediately.