Skip to content
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, plus more if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more if needed
- oranges, zested and juiced
- 2/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker or pot with water or stock.
- When it’s finished, add orange juice and stir in orange zest.
- While the rice is still warm, add apricots, raisins, shallots, spices and salt and pepper.
- Add toasted pine nuts and parsley and fluff with a fork to combine the ingredients.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve hot, at room temperature, chilled or rewarmed in the microwave.