When I was that kid, I always loved boysenberry syrup on my pancakes. Here’s a simple recipe for boysenberry sauce or syrup that you can make home. You can use any kind of juicy berry, I just happened to like the flavor of boysenberries.
It’s delicious served over homemade ice cream or your favorite cheesecake. Of course, if you can’t get to the farm to pick your own boysenberries yourself, you can always use frozen ones. So there is no reason not to enjoy one of the best flavors of summer all year long.
- Category: Sauces Jams And Preserves
- 3 cups boysenberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Start by heating 3 cups of boysenberries with a half a cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Cook over a low heat until the berries are soft.
- Then puree the berry mixture in a food processor or blender and strain through a colander.