Broccoli ‘Green Magic’
This summer to fall type broccoli is in the mid–early maturity class and has a wide adaptability. ‘Green Magic’ has a semi–domed, tight head with medium to small bead size and a good plant habit. (US Patent 5,945,582)
• Broccoli has been found to have more cancer–fighting compounds than other members of the cabbage family. It is rich in glucosinolates which, once ingested, break down into these healthful cancer fighters: indoles, sulforaphane and isothiocyanates. Broccoli also provides high amounts of Vitamin C, folate and beta carotene and significant amounts of protein, calcium, iron, potassium and fiber.
• 90 days to maturity from direct seed
• 75 days to maturity from transplant
• 24 – 36 inches tall
Baby Broccoli ‘Aspabroc’ (Broccolini®)
Branded as Broccolini® in the produce section of your grocery store and on restaurant menus, ‘Aspabroc’ resembles a broccoli raab with an asparagus stem, and offers a mild taste. ‘Aspabroc’ is easy to grow and requires little space. Watch to find out more! Pinch out the primary head when plants are about 12 inches tall. Plants will set 3–5 side shoots shortly thereafter and continue for about four weeks in mild weather. Harvest regularly to encourage more growth. ‘Aspabroc’ is the true Broccolini®! Perfect as a spicy side dish.
• Shoots hold and freeze well
• Early spring or fall crop
• 50 – 60 days to maturity from transplant
• 20 – 24 inches tall
Broccolini® is a registered trademark of Mann Packing Company, Inc.