Merlin is our sweetest beet, noted for its exceptional flavor. It offers uniform, round-shaped, deep burgundy-red roots with very little interior zoning. Erect, glossy, dark green tops also display high eating quality. Sweet in a shaved beet salad.
• Super sweet! Very high sugar content (12-15% brix)
• Long storage ability
• 25 – 35 days to maturity to baby leaf stage from direct seed
• 85 – 90 days to full root maturity from direct seed
Beet ‘Touchstone Gold’
Touchstone Gold offers a root with a vibrant orange-red exterior and rich gold interior color. Combined with its striking green leaf and gold petiole contrast and sweet, mild flavor, this beet is sure to catch your eye on the dinner plate. Very sweet, with a milder taste compared to red beets. Beautiful in a mixed beet salad!
• Good choice when a milder beet is needed
• Striking green leaf and gold petiole contrast