The Little Dippers butternut squash variety from the Home Grown Seed Collection is perfect when you’re cooking for one. Simply roast and stuff with cheese and other spices. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to feed a full family.
- Category: Entree
- 2 medium-sized Little Dipper butternut squash, halved lengthwise and deseeded
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup chives
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 ounce shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a foil-lined baking sheet with a light spray of oil, place squash cut side down and cover with foil. Bake for 30 to 35 mins or until flesh is soft.
- Remove from oven, turn down to 425 degrees. Let squash cool. Scoop out flesh, leaving ¼-inch border and put in a large bowl.
- To the squash bowl, add remaining ingredients and scoop back into only three of the squash shells.
- Top with shredded cheese and chives and drizzle with olive oil. Return to oven for another 10 to 15 mins. Serve.