Rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, and other essential vitamins; cabbage is one the world’s healthiest foods. At only 22 calories per cup, you can pretty much eat all you want!
- Serves: 2 cabbage rolls
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Entree
- 12 leaves cabbage
- 1 cup long grain rice, cooked
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup white or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground turkey, raw
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- favorite tomato sauce
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Boil cabbage leaves for 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked rice, egg, milk, onion, carrots, garlic, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and ground turkey.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of the ground turkey mix into the center of each cabbage roll. Roll up the leaves, tucking in the ends.
- Top with tomato sauce and cover.
- Cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.