This decadent desert is another great recipe from my friends at the Viking Cooking School. It’s a chocolate crumble crust topped with white chocolate cream cheese and sliced strawberries, that is drizzled with even more white chocolate. It’s sinfully good, and super easy to prepare.
- Serves: 6 people
- Category: Dessert
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate liqueur, if desired
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 3 cups fresh strawberries (other berries will work too)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Begin the recipe by making the crust.
- In a large bowl use an electric mixer to beat together the butter and sugar for 1 minute.
- Stir in cocoa powder and flour until well blended. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Form the mixture into a 12 inch disk on large baking sheet. Like a big cookie.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- While the crust is cooling make the filling.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and chocolate liqueur. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup of melted white chocolate chips.
- Gently fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream.
- Spread the chocolate cream cheese onto prepared chocolate pastry crust.
- Top with sliced strawberries and drizzle the remaining 1/4 cup melted white chocolate chips over berries.
- Chill for 1 hour or until set.