This recipe makes 2 cups.
- Category: Appetizer
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated or powdered
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- If you are using seeds fresh from a pumpkin clean them by placing them in a colander under running water. The water should be lukewarm, not hot. To enhance the flavor allow some of the pulp to remain.
- Whisk the egg white until foamy. Add the remaining ingredients and the pumpkin seeds. Toss until the seeds are well coated.
- Spread the seeds evenly on a baking sheet lined with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
- If you have any left over store them in an air tight container for one week.