I first tasted this delicious appetizer at a party catered by a long time friend. Everything she prepares is delicious, but this was especially wonderful. I found myself lingering by the buffet sampling this tasty dip all evening. After very little effort on my part she graciously agreed to give me the recipe, which is so simple I could write it all down on a cocktail napkin.
- Category: Appetizer
- 4 cups (15 oz.) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 green onions tops included, finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bottle Hendrickson's sweet vinegar & olive oil dressing available at most supermarkets
- Mix all ingredients and allow to marinate for at least 8 hours.
- Serve as a side dish with grilled meat, fish, or poultry or as an appetizer with tortilla chips, corn chips, or seasoned pita chips. Enjoy!