- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Start by creaming the 1 1/2 cups of sugar and shortening with an electric beater.
- Next add the eggs to the shortening and sugar. Beat until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg, shortening and sugar mixture. Mix all these ingredients thoroughly.
- In a shallow dish mix 2 tablespoons of sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- Form the dough into small balls, about 1-inch in size. Roll the balls in the sugar and cinnamon and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies in a pre-heated 400 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes.