As spring gets under way my menus become lighter. After several months of heavy, stick-to-your-ribs foods I welcome seasonal fare such as this simple salad. Spicy radishes and sweet carrots are mixed with crunchy cucumbers and then tossed in tangy vinaigrette.
- Category: Salad
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 24 large radishes
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 2 large carrots
- Prepare the cucumbers by peeling and removing the seeds. The seeds scoop out pretty easy with a soup spoon. Just cut the cucumber lengthwise and scrape the spoon down the center.
- Wash and peel the carrots. Wash and remove the tops of the radishes.
- Place all the veggies in a food processor with a shredding blade and pulse until grated. You can also use a hand grater. Set aside.
- Whisk together the first 4 ingredients. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking as you pour.
- Drizzle the dressing over the shredded veggies and toss.
- Cover and chill for several hours. This will keep for about 2 days in the refrigerator.