If you’ve visited the farm, you’ve probably had this salad. It’s a favorite of mine for serving during our open house tours.
- Category: Salad
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 red onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 pound baby spinach, rinsed thoroughly and patted dry
- 6 ounces feta cheese, diced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the sweet potatoes, red onions, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and drizzle with the olive oil; toss to coat well. Spread the mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet, and roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Turn the vegetables, and continue roasting for 30 more minutes. The onions should be well cooked and caramelized and the sweet potatoes brown around the edges.
- While the vegetables are cooking, combine all the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until combined.
- Arrange the spinach in a shallow bowl or on a platter, and scatter the warm onions and sweet potatoes over it. If the spinach wilts a bit, all the better. Drizzle with the dressing. Scatter the feta over the top. Grind some pepper over the salad, and serve immediately.