I love to grow broccoli and we grow lots at the farm. This raw broccoli salad or slaw is one of my favorite ways to prepare it.
- Category: Side Dishes
- 4 broccoli heads
- 12 green onions, green and white
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- juice of half lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- Chop the broccoli heads and stems into small pieces. Place the broccoli in a bowl and toss with green onions. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup walnut oil, 1/4 cup vinegar, the juice of half a lemon, 2 tablespoons lemon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Stir the dressing into the broccoli and green onions.
- Top with 1/2 cup toasted walnuts and season with freshly cracked black pepper.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour and serve.