Here’s a quick recipe that puts all those leftover Halloween pumpkins to good use!
Makes 2 loaves.
- Category: Bread
- 1 cup uncooked grits not instant
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin, grated
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped Pecans
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar and oil.
- Then add the eggs, one at a time, beating the mixture after each egg is added.
- Pour in the apple cider.
- Next, sift together the flour, soda, cinnamon and salt; and add the dry ingredients to the mixture.
- Mix in the pumpkin followed by the nuts and orange zest. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into (2) greased and floured medium loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.