You know, fresh peaches and homemade deserts just seem to go together and what could be more old-fashioned and delicious than a peach cobbler? My recipe for peach cobbler is simple and doesn’t take much time to make, that’s once you get the peaches peeled.
- Category: Dessert
- 10 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 package of 2 pre-made pie crusts
- 1 egg white
- sugar to sprinkle on top
- Start with about ten medium size peaches, peeled and sliced, and to this add a fourth of a cup of white sugar and a fourth of a cup of brown sugar. and for a little seasoning, mix in a half a teaspoon of salt and a half a teaspoon of apple pie spice, which contains cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. and as a final ingredient add a couple of tablespoons of apricot brandy. This really brings out the flavor.
- Now, just mix it all together and set it aside.
- Place one pie crust in a shallow casserole dish. With this cobbler recipe you can make your own pie crust or you can certainly use pre-made.
- Then pour the peach mixture into the pie crust lining the casserole dish. Cut a second pie crust into strips and weave them across the peach mixture. Then brush on the egg white and sprinkle the top with sugar just to give it that homemade touch.
- Cook the cobbler at 350 degrees F. for about an hour. The aroma is fantastic. This is delicious with some homemade vanilla ice cream.