- 1/2 cup good-quality roasted walnut oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice or blood orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 5 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste
- Shake the jar vigorously to combine.
- Let the dressing sit at room temperature for 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop before serving.
- The vinaigrette can be refrigerated, tightly covered for up to 1 month.
- Let it return to room temperature before using.
- Makes 1 1/4 cups vinaigrette.
- In a small bowl whisk the 2 flours together and set aside.