What would the holidays be without eggnog? I discovered this recipe while on a trip to Natchez, Mississippi. Cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, rum and bourbon combine to put a kick in your step and a gleam in your eye!
- Category: Drinks
- 1 dozen pasturized eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 pint cream
- 2 quarts half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup rum
- 1 1/2 cups bourbon
- Separate eggs. You will need 12 yolks but only 8 egg whites.
- In one bowl combine yokes and sugar, beat with electric mixer until the yokes are very thick and creamy yellow, at least 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- In another bowl whip the 8 egg whites until stiff but not dry peaks form. Set aside.
- Whip cream until it forms soft peaks. Set aside.
- In large container combine half and half, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, rum, and bourbon. Stir in egg yoke mixture. Continue to stir until well blended.
- With wire whisk, blend in egg whites and whipped cream.
- Chill, then pour into punch bowl and serve.