Get the most nutrition out of your homegrown beets by slicing them thinly and tossing them with a homemade dressing. This salad takes the flavor a step further by adding the crunch of pine nuts and the creaminess of feta cheese. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 to 3 raw ‘Touchstone Gold’ or ‘Merlin’ beets
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 2 cups mixed greens
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Wash mixed greens, dry and add to bowls. Use mandolin to thinly slice beets and add to greens. Top with feta and pine nuts. Toss with dressing and serve.