Iced tea is a staple at my house from spring through early fall. It is thirst quenching and goes with everything from BBQ chicken to blackberry cobbler. I usually drink unsweetened tea with a sprig of mint, but this mint tea punch is delicious when the occasion calls for something special.
- Category: Drinks
- lemon slices and mint sprigs for garnish
- 3 cups cold water
- 3 family-size ice tea bags
- 10 fresh mint sprigs
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Place the mint sprigs in a pitcher and gently bruise with the back of a wooden spoon. This will bring out the flavorful oils.
- Add the tea bags to the pitcher.
- Pour 3 cups of boiling water into the pitcher. Steep tea and mint until you have a strong brew, about 10 minutes.
- Discard the tea bags. Strain the tea to remove the mint. Stir sugar into the mint infused tea until dissolved. Add the lemon juice and 3 cups of cold water.
- Serve over ice with a sprig of mint and lemon slice.