If you are looking for a healthy alternative to cheese snacks, try this “cheese ball” made with macadamia nuts and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Category: Appetizer
- 1 cup raw macadmai nuts, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon raw almond butter
- 1/2 cup rehydrated sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- Soak the Macadamia nuts overnight in water.
- Drain the nuts and transfer to a food processor. Add 1 tablespoon raw almond butter and pulse until smooth.
- Scoop the nut mixture into a mixing bowl. Fold in the sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice and herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the "cheese" on a serving dish and shape into a disk. Serve with crackers or, to keep it completely raw, serve with sliced veggies.