I don’t know which is better the flavor of this drink or the spicy aroma that fills the house when it is prepared. Apple cider, orange, pineapple and lemon juices are blended with spices for a warm holiday treat.
- Category: Drinks
- 2 quarts Apple Juice or Apple Cider
- 2 cups Orange Juice
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 teaspoons Cloves
- 1 tablespoon Allspice
- 1 teaspoon Powdered Ginger
- Orange Slices for Garnish
- Start by combining the juices in a large pot. You can substitute the apple juice with apple cider. The difference between cider and juice, officially, is the cider is slightly fermented which makes it a bit effervescent and it contains a percentage of alcohol.
- Add to the brew a half a cup of brown sugar, two cinnamon sticks, two teaspoons of cloves, one teaspoon of allspice and one teaspoon of powdered ginger. Now, cook all of this over medium heat until it begins to boil and then reduce the heat and let it simmer about 15 minutes longer.
- To finish it off, garnish with a few fresh orange slices. This recipe makes enough for ten. As you can imagine, with all of these spices, the aroma is incredible. What better way to have your entire home to smell like the holidays and what a delicious treat for friends and family when they drop in.