This dessert is perfect any time of the year because you can customize the topping with in season fruits like peaches, apricots or blackberries. In winter top the panna cotta with caramels.
- Serves: 8
- Category: Dessert
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier liquor
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Pour the milk into a small, heavy saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over the milk and let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
- Stir the mixture over a medium heat until gelatin dissolves, about 5 minutes (do not boil).
- Add the cream, 3 tablespoons sugar, honey and salt. Stir until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the vanilla.
- Cool slightly.
- Strain into 8 wineglasses.
- Refrigerate until set, at least 5 hours.
- Combine fresh raspberries, sugar, and Grand Marnier liquor.
- Set aside to macerate for 1 hour.
- Spoon some raspberries into each glass of panna cotta and serve.