Butternut squash is one of those signature flavors of autumn particularly when you combine it with some savory herbs and honey. This recipe is so simple and the way the honey caramelizes with the squash takes the flavor right off the charts.
- Category: Side Dishes
- 2 pounds winter squash (2 medium to large squash)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Split your squash in half and remove the seeds. You don't have to peel them. Then cut the squash into 1/4 inch slices; transfer the pieces into a bowl and add the 4 tablespoons of honey. Thoroughly coat the squash with the honey.
- Next place the slices in a shallow baking dish overlapping them and drizzle the remainder of the honey from the bowl over the top.
- Dot 4 tablespoons of salted butter over the squash and sprinkle it with 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh rosemary. Bake this at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes.