For me the dressing is the finishing touch on any salad. One I often use is a basic vinaigrette using balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Category: Salad
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- To the vinegar add the honey and extra virgin olive oil. Next add the water and blend.
- Now for a little spice. I like to use about 2 cloves of crushed fresh garlic, 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper and about 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Then I just stir the mixture until it's well blended.
- There's just something about the chemistry of the honey and the balsamic vinegar. When they come together they are the perfect accent for the spinach salad.
- Wait to add the dressing until your ready to serve the salad and then just toss it altogether.