It’s the perfect time of year to prepare for flavorful herbs in your garden! Certain cool weather loving herbs, like dill, grow at the same time as complementary vegetables, like Romaine lettuce. So what can you prepare with dill and Romaine lettuce? Try out this yummy Grilled Greens and Creamy Herb Dressing.
To learn about growing the ingredients in this recipe, visit BonniePlants.com.
- Category: Salad
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1 clove of garlic
- black pepper, ground, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- salt and pepper for grilling lettuce
- hearts of romaine
- olive oil for grilling lettuce
- First prepare the dressing. Blend green onions, vinegar, dill, garlic, salt, and pepper in a blender. Add mayonnaise and yogurt. Blend again. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Rinse and dry whole head of lettuce.
- Liberally coat with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt and black pepper. Place lettuce on hot side of grill. Grill for 2 or 3 minutes on each side or until nicely charred.
- Transfer lettuce to a serving platter and top with creamy herb dressing.