Good food and enjoying time with family and friends is what the holiday season is all about. But if you are like me, finding the time to cook is always a challenge. So, I always find myself falling back on recipes that I can prepare ahead of time that are easy to make and taste great.
This recipe for curried fruit is an excellent side dish for many entrees and it has the perfect flavor for this time of year when it’s chilly outside.
- Category: Side Dishes
- 1 16-ounce can pears
- 1 16-ounce can peach halves
- 1 16-ounce can pineapple chunks
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Start by draining the juice from a 16 ounce can of pears, peach halves and pineapple chunks. Then combine the fruit in a large casserole dish. Add the sliced bananas.
- Melt 1/3 cup butter with 3/4 cup of brown sugar in a sauce pan on medium heat. and then add two teaspoons of curry powder and one teaspoon of ginger.
- After you have mixed this all together and made a nice hot syrup, pour it over the fruit and cover the dish and bake it for one hour at 325 degrees F.