If you like a little extra kick, you have to try a ‘Jalafuego’ pepper. This extra-large jalapeño boasts super high pungency and comes from a strong plant with excellent yield.
I like to use the ‘Jalafuego,’ in very small quantities, to spice up a cocktail, like this Cucumber Mint Jalapeño Martini.
- Serves: 1
- Category: Drinks
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces grapefruit juice
- 1 1/2 ounces simple syrup
- fresh mint leaves
- cucumber slices
- jalapeno slices
- Muddle 2 mint leaves with a slice of cucumber and a slice of jalapeno in a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice, vodka, simple syrup and grapefruit juice.
- Shake until well chilled.
- Pour into a glass filled with ice (or "up" in a martini glass, if preferred).
- Garnish with cucumber and jalapeno slices.