This recipe for broccoli sauté fits the bill when it comes to being healthy and simple. Plus broccoli is one of the best foods for us. It contains certain phytochemicals that have been proven to help in our body’s defense against cancer and believe it or not, actually contains more vitamin C per serving than an orange. In fact it contains 200 percent of the recommended daily allowance of C.
- Serves: 4
- Category: Side Dishes
- 2 cups broccoli cut into bite size pieces
- Peel of an orange 1 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Juice of an orange
- To start, wash and cut the broccoli into bite size pieces. Then remove the peel of the orange with a potato peeler in about 1-inch strips.
- Next, heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and add the orange peel and nuts. Saute all of this for two to three minutes over a medium heat and be careful not to overdue it. You want to cook it just long enough for the orange peel to begin to curl and turn golden.
- Now I'm ready to add the broccoli. and I will let it saute for about five minutes. While it's cooking I'll add the ginger, lemon pepper, and soy sauce. As a final touch, I'll squeeze the juice of the orange over the dish and now it's ready to serve.