This soup recipe combines to sweet flavor of carrot juice with savory leeks, tangy orange juice and spicy ginger.
I love this soup recipe because it is so easy to prepare and delicious. It is a cold soup and I know a lot of people are hesitant to try these. But the flavor is outstanding, savory and tangy at the same time.
It is an excellent choice as a first course for a brunch or a light lunch.
- Category: Soup
- 8 medium carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 cup leeks, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups orange juice
- salt and pepper
- mint and sliced orange for garnish
- Bring the 4 cups of chicken broth and 2 tablespoons of butter to just a slight boil.
- Combine the carrots, leeks and ginger to this and cook it over a medium heat until the carrots are tender.
- Next, take these cooked ingredients, blend them together and return them to the saucepan. Now add 2 cups of orange juice or as much as you want to create the desired consistency. Add salt and pepper and bring this just to a boil and then put it in the refrigerator to chill. The combination of carrots and orange juice make a beautiful color and this can be easily garnished with a slice of orange and just a touch of mint.