Candy Wilkerson prepared this traditional Southern potato salad for my half hour show, P. Allen Smith Gardens. This is a great dish to make ahead because the flavor is actually best after chilling for several hours. It’s easy to prepare and believe me, it’s a dish that will be requested over and over again.
- Category: Side Dishes
- 8 Idaho Baking Potatoes
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup White Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Fresh Green Onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Cooked Bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons White Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon White Pepper
- Wash potatoes and spread with butter or oil. Bake at 350 until tender. Cool to room temperature.
- While potatoes are baking, mix the dressing ingredients in the order they are listed above.
- When potatoes are cool, leave skin on and chop coarsely. Mix with dressing, folding in gently. Do not over mix.
- Put in airtight container and store in the refrigerator.