July is blackberry month and one of the best ways to enjoy their sweet flavor is baked in a cobbler with a scoop of ice cream. Allen simplifies the traditional cobbler recipe with this easy to prepare crumble.
- Category: Dessert
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 5 cups blackberries
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- Mix the blackberries, sugar and lime juice in an 8 inch baking dish. Let this stand for about 20 minutes.
- With a pastry cutter or a fork chop together the flour, brown sugar and butter. This should have the consistency of large crumbs. Now, if this mixture gets too warm and soft, just pop it in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the blackberries and bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 35 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown.
- Serves six.