Here’s a recipe that is near and dear to anyone who lives by the rule of recycle and reuse. I love to make biscuits on Sunday. Unfortunately by afternoon the left overs are almost inedible because they become dry and hard. So what I do is crumble up the uneaten biscuits and make this bread pudding. Topped with fresh fruit, it’s a great treat for Monday morning.
- Category: Dessert
- 3 cups torn biscuits
- 4 cups milk
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whisk together milk, sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Place biscuit pieces in a 2 quart, greased baking dish.
- Pour the egg mixture over the biscuits.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree F oven for 1 hour.