This savory salad made with the fall favorites cabbage, arugula, spinach and apples is topped with a simple vinegar and olive oil dressing.
- Category: Salad
- 1/4 of a medium sized head of red cabbage
- 3 cups washed spinach
- 1 cup washed arugula
- 1 apple thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- Start by making the salad dressing. In a small bowl dissolve the sugar in the vinegar.
- Now slowly drizzle the olive oil into the vinegar, blending it with a whisk as you drizzle.Set the dressing aside and start on the salad.
- I have a pet peeve about unruly salads. So begin by tearing the spinach leaves into bite size pieces.Next cut the cabbage into very thin slices using a stainless steel knife.
- In a large bowl combine the apple slices with the greens and the red cabbage.Add the dressing to the salad and toss until the greens and apples are well coated. Finish with a little salt and pepper to suit your tastes.
- Now, if you feel like adding a few calories this salad is good with a little goat cheese sprinkled on top!