When I have a dinner party I like to invite all the guests into the kitchen for drinks and finger food while I prepare the finishing touches on the meal. It makes for festive conversation and has the added benefit of providing some extra sets of hands for getting the food to the table.
This asparagus and horseradish dip is a fun and tasty snack that is always a hit.
- Category: Appetizer
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley
- Begin by blanching the asparagus in salted, boiling water for about 1 minute. When you remove the spears, rinse under cold water to stop the cooking. Pat dry and set aside.
- Mix the mayonnaise, horseradish, mustard and parsley in a bowl until well blended.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.