There’s nothing like eating fruits and vegetables while they’re in season. In the fall, apples are in their prime and this simple dessert is a tasty way to enjoy them.
- Category: Dessert
- 6 to 7 cups peeled, cored and sliced apples
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- dash lemon juice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- nutmeg and allspice
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- Peel, core and slice the apples. Add sugar and lemon juice and mix with apples. Place mixture in greased 7" X 11" baking dish.
- Now for the crumble. It's simply a mixture of dry ingredients that you sprinkle over the top. Just combine oats, flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Next add salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and allspice to taste.
- Take a stick of butter and chop it up with the dry mixture into bits about the size of a pea. Now just spread the crumbles over the apples and bake it at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes.