There is no such thing as too much garlic! If you share this sentiment then try this recipe for baked chicken seasoned with 40 cloves of garlic, basil, parsley and white wine.
- Category: Entree
- 2 whole chickens
- 40 garlic
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by cutting the 2 whole chickens into quarters. Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish with the skin up and then tuck the garlic cloves all around it. Add 2 cups of chopped celery.
- Combine 1 cup of dry white wine, 1/2 cup of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of poultry seasoning and stir. To this add the fresh parsley and basil. Mix all these ingredients together and drizzle over the chicken with a spoon.
- As a final touch, squeeze the juice of a lemon over the chicken, sprinkle some salt and lemon pepper on it and cover it with foil.
- Bake it in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour at 375 degrees F.