Canning those summer vegetables! Lunch/tour (5/17)
10:00 AM - 02:00 PM
75 in stock
Price includes all applicable taxes.
- A guided tour of three levels of Allen’s Jefferson-inspired Arkansas Farm home.
- A guided exploration of Allen’s terraced gardens overlooking the Arkansas River, the English rose garden, and his ornamental one-acre vegetable garden.
- A short demonstration (with handouts) on the hot water bath method to canning all those summer vegetables – recipes that we use at the farm!
- Time to savor a “from the farm” delicious meal using Allen’s recipes from his cookbook, Seasonal Recipes from the Garden. Today’s meal will the the Greek Stavros salad topped with grilled chicken, a few picked sides to sample! Buttermilk pecan pie with whipped creme for dessert!
- A guided tour of Poultryville where you may see your favorite animals from Allen’s television show — Trudy, Moose, Smudge & Squeak and Amos, just to name a few.
For more information on tours and accommodations, click here.