A friend gave me this recipe and it took me about a year to try it. Boy do I regret the time wasted! It's very light and refreshing. It's versatile too! You can make a sheet cake, round cake or cup cakes.
- Mix 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 4 eggs, yellow cake mix and mandarin oranges together. Beat for two minutes on medium speed with electric mixer.
- Spread in buttered and floured pans - (2) 9" pans or (1) 9" x 13" pan or about 18 cup cakes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the frosting. In a large bowl mix together the pineapple, vanilla pudding and Cool Whip.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before topping with the frosting.
Time to prepare: 40 minutes.