Pickled Green Cherry Tomatoes
The staff garden is producing a plethora of cherry tomatoes. There are so many that there wasn't any harm in picking a pint or two to try pickling. The results were fantastic and the process was easy.
- 2 dill sprigs
- 1 hot pepper, stem removed, cut in half
- 2 pints green cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 tbsp pickling salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups water
- Combine water, vinegar and pickling salt in a saucepan and bring to a low boil. Stir until salt is dissolved.
- Place tomatoes, pepper, garlic and spices in glass jars, leaving about 1/2 inch of head room.
- Pour enough brine into each jar to cover tomatoes but allowing for about 1/4 inch of space from the top of the jar.
- Screw on lids and allow to cool.
- These will keep in the refrigerator for about 1 month. You can also process the jars in a hot water bath for longer storage.