Chilled Seafood And Baby Root Vegetable Salad
Savannah has always been a fun place to visit - the architecture, history and gardens are all big draws for me. And the food can't be beat! I just love the local specialties and tasty twists on traditional Southern cuisine. During a trip to Savannah last spring I met up with chef Chris Nason of the Sapphire Grill and he gave me this recipe for cold seafood salad. Chris leaves the choice of root vegetables to the cook. I like to use whatever is readily available, usually baby carrots and fingerling potatoes. Parsnips, rutabagas, turnips and celeriac would also work.
- 1 cup jumbo lump crab meat, cooked, chilled
- 1 cup lobster meat, cooked, chilled
- 1 cup baby root vegetable, steamed, quartered
- 1/2 cup champagne, reduced by half
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots, peeled, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp. herbs, de-stemmed
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- 1/5 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. black pepper, cracked
- juice of 2 and zest of 1 lime
InstructionsIn a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients except the lobster, crab and herbs.
Add the crab, lobster and herbs and gently toss.
Recipe provided by Chris Nason.
Time to prepare: 15 minutes.