This wreath is a festive way to share the holiday spirit with your neighborhood wildlife. Birds, squirrels
and other animals will love the edible ornaments and you’ll have fun watching your feathered and furred
friends partying around the backyard.
- 1 evergreen wreath (artificial will work too)
- 2-3 oranges
- Paring knife
- 1 package raffia ribbon (available at hobby shops)
- 2 packages of fresh cranberries (available at grocery stores this time of year)
- Large upholstery needle (straight with wide eye)
- Spool of thin wire and wire cutters
- Birdseed & bread ornaments (optional)
- If you are decorating with the birdseed-covered bread ornaments get started on those first. Here are the instructions.
- Use the upholstery needle and thin wire to string the cranberries into a garland.
- Slice the oranges into rounds. Attach a raffia loop for hanging the oranges on the wreath. The upholstery needle will make quick work of this.
- Wrap the cranberry garland around the wreath; add the birdseed ornaments and orange slices.
- Hang the wreath in the garden where you can see it from a window.